Sunday, March 21, 2010

Welcome Spring!

Such a fantastic time of year for renewal. I am finding myself cleaning out cupboards and drawers on a daily basis lately! The two girls in the house welcomed Spring a few weeks ago by painting a wall in the house with something we have been waiting for - flowers! And now the crocuses are here!

Yes, that is a wall and yes, AnaSofia painted it. She has been asking to paint on the wall for awhile and I must say I am pretty laidback about art projects around the house so decided to give it a go. I drew large petals on the wall in pencil (thinking Marimekko) and gave AnaSofia three colors to work with (thinking red and orange) and she went to town staying within the lines, well mostly! As she finished each flower (with lots of drips and globs of paint)I took a sponge brush and worked to the outside of the lines to make smooth shaped petals. I think it looks really beautiful and AnaSofia is really proud of it. Soren thinks unless hippies move in after us we might want to paint over it before selling the house. Hm... I think I should just sell the place as an "artist's retreat" with the one painting I did on the outside of the house, tree branches and fabric flowers, hearts and birds everywhere and then my alphabet and biological illustrations I guess it is a little different!
So what is your favorite thing in your house? Something you or your child has done or something thrifted/bought out and about? I love sneak peeks into everyone's special spaces! Happy Spring cleaning!

1 comment:

Hope said...

This is a wonderful and beautiful way to bring in a new season!

I would say that my favorite part of our apartment right now is the wall across from our bed. I took quite a few old frames and repainted them the colors of poppies (reds, oranges, pinks, and black), and then made some big paper poppies for a big bouquet in the corner. I love looking at the pictures of family and friends, and it was really fun to put it all together!

<3, H